Monday, October 24, 2011

The glow in the dark polish from Dollar Tree glows really well + a quick and messy experiment

I still saw some hanging off the endcaps if anyone wanted to pick one up. They come in neon blue, neon pink, and neon yellow. I only picked up the yellow because I don't have that much use for glow in the dark polishes.

This is what the packaging looks like. Sorry, I opened it up before I thought to take a picture, heehee.

This is one coat over black, white, and the pinkie is For Audrey. The ring finger is two thick coats. Ew, I will never wear this polish alone. DISEASED! Sorry for the bubbles and smudged polish. I rushed this experiment too much.


Charged under the lamp for 5 seconds and taken with a four second frame:


This is two coats GiTD.


Charged five seconds under the lamp with a four second frame:


Thoughts: This glows really well and for a long time! I charged my nails and went to bed. When I woke up about five hours later I freaked out because why are my nails glowing like that? Oh, right! It's made in China which made me nervous. Perhaps it glows with the help of radium-266?? But I checked, the glow eventually fades. 

Over black it isn't great. I want to try this over a light blue or silver next. Oh, and one more thing, this stuff stinks like hell until it dries. But for a dollar I think it's worth it!

*****
Ingredients listed(if you were wondering):
Butyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose, Ethyl Acetate, Acrylates, Copolymer, Pigment (?..), Isopropyl Alcohol, Acetyl Tributyl Citrate, Alcohol, Butyl Alcohol, Camphor 

May contain:D&C Red No. 7 Ca Lake, D&C Red No. 27, Iron Oxides, D&C Red No. 22 Al Lake

No comments:

Post a Comment