Saturday, August 20, 2011

I've Got the Blues - Franken

Actually, I've got the mean reds today but that is neither here nor there.

So, I've got a super duper easy franken to show today. So tempted to call this multichrome, but it's not. It's just neon pigments refuse to be ignored. My application was a bit funny. Everything is three coats except the pointer finger and thumb which are two. Yeah, it took me three fingers to realize two coats was no different than three.

All natural light (shade):






This ridiculously composed picture in sunlight is the only one that came out color accurate so I'm going to pretend this one was intentional. Every time I think my camera skills are improving the universe shows me how wrong I am. Pfft.


"Recipe"/Polish ratio: roughly 4 parts Sinful Love Nails to one part pink neon (I'm using China Glaze Pool Party).

Thoughts: I read in MUA's review section that Love Nails is a duochrome. What?? I've had this languishing in my stash for a while now and I never noticed. And hey, it is! It's a metallic electric blue in one direction and metallic teal in the other. The color shift is very strong but since it's blue to blue-green, I never noticed. So, I added pink because pink + blue = some kind of purple.  Neons always dry fast and have a tendency to chip fast and this did dry fast but I got about three days before there was tip wear. Yay!

That's all the rambling I'll do for now. Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoyed this one heh.

1 comment: