Monday, October 10, 2011

Have I Mentioned How Much I Love Matte?

So much that I did something I've never done before. I took off a color of polish and put it back on again. Well, kinda.

I bunged this one up a bit. I was aiming for as few coats as possible but ended up with seven (!), including base coat. This is two coats Essie Licorice which was almost a one-coater but I mechanically put on two. Plus one layer of OPI Grape Set Match and I am once again ignoring the ellipses. Plus one thick coat of LA Colors Sparking Diamonds. Matte polishes look cruddy when bumpy so I added a thick coat of Seche Vite which smoothed things out nicely and helped dry, topping with Essie Matte About You. You can see how thick it is on my pointer and for once it doesn't bother me in real life, but I may as well have gone with three coats of GSM. Hmph!

All under the lamp.




I had a little trouble getting the large hex glitters where I wanted and it was the first time that I understood what other people meant when they said that, heh.


Surprisingly easy to remove. Three cotton balls but with acetone-based remover and not pure acetone. My usual for two coats of creme is two cotton balls.

1 comment:

  1. What a great combination! (And I fully support ignoring the ellipses.)

    ReplyDelete