Saturday, October 1, 2011

Sparkling Diamonds For Audrey

For some reason, my email was frozen and my blog deleted yesterday. I don't know if it's  something I did, a glitch, or something more nefarious *side-eying the internet* but a nice person at Blogger fixed it (thanks!) and I'm back!

I've got an easy-peasy franken to show today. I picked up a LA Colors clear with small round and hex glitter from the Dollar Tree called Sparkling Diamonds. This recipe is one-third China Glaze For Audrey, one-third Sparkling Diamonds, and one-third clear. I didn't think it was glittery enough (what have you done to me, nail board??) so I painted a thin layer of Sparkling Diamonds on top.

Shown is three coats, natural light but cloudy day. Sorry if the pictures look dark, but they aren't as dark if you click and enlarge. For Audrey isn't as dusty in person.



The white base of For Audrey makes the hex glitter look white. Which I suppose is why I didn't think it looked glittery enough.


Blurry on purpose,  how SPARKLY.


I think if I were to do this again I would add more Sparkling Diamonds and some more clear. I was aiming for a jelly finish and I underestimated how pigmented For Audrey is.

This franken was more or less inspired by Revlon Starry Pink.

1 comment: