Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Jelly Franken Matte and Subtle Stamping

This one didn't turn out the way I wanted it to. I mixed N.Y.C. Manhattan, a dark plum creme, with lots of clear. The rule of thumb for jellies is one part creme to two or three parts clear. It's that simple. Manhattan is crazy pigmented so, what you're seeing is one part creme to six parts clear. Crazy! I poured some into my palette and added more clear. The ring finger is splotchy. I have that problem with single-batch frankens. I was actually trying to avoid this problem by mixing a whole bottle. Boo! Once I use up some of the bottle, I will add more clear because this still isn't jelly enough for me. This is three coats plus topcoat.


I added a coat of matte. This is weirdly suede-like. I don't know why.





And stamped with clear and a design from plate m63.

No comments:

Post a Comment